About Founders Fund
Founders Fund is a sector and stage agnostic venture capital firm that endeavors to identify and back the world’s most transformational technology companies. While our venture experience is deep, what truly sets us apart is that we have founded and grown our own companies. We understand why people choose to start companies — instead of pursuing the anonymous safety of working for others — and the challenges and rewards that come with such pursuit. Some of our investments include Facebook, SpaceX, Palantir Technologies, SolarCity, Spotify, Knewton, ZocDoc, Lyft, and LeapMotion. The firm has over $1 Billion in assets under management and is based in San Francisco, California.
Founders Fund is the rare organization that possesses both limited structure and robust resources. Therefore, in order to thrive on our team, one must be an entrepreneurial self-starter who proactively seeks out opportunities to add value on an ongoing basis. The investment team is small and intensively collaborative, so the candidate must also be able to work well and closely with diverse team members.
About The Role
Founders Fund is seeking an Investment Team Associate. The role will have two primary foci:
(1) Providing deal flow and due diligence support to the firm’s investment team Principals:
As one of the leading venture capital firms in the world, Founders Fund receives significant inbound deal flow. The Associate will lead preliminary screening for much of the firm’s inbound deal flow. This will include conducting market- and company-specific research, independently taking introductory meetings with entrepreneurs and determining whether Founders Fund should move the process forward, and providing due diligence support as applicable. The Associate will also be charged with ensuring Founders Fund’s inbound deal flow remains robust by proactively building relationships with a diverse range of entrepreneurs and other players in the technology ecosystem.
(2) Supporting portfolio companies on financing matters:
A number of Founders Fund portfolio companies are breakthrough science and hard technology startups that tend to be difficult for conventional venture capitalists to understand. At the same time, growth capital is critical in order for these companies to scale. The Associate will work in concert with senior investment team members to help our portfolio company founders drive successful follow-on financing rounds. Specific duties will include supporting on investor pitch deck development and refinement, and cultivating a network of trusted venture capital and private equity firms to tap for portfolio company follow on financings.
The Associate will have a track record of exceptional achievement, and the desire to grow with Founders Fund over a number of years. Specific qualifications should include:
• Deep knowledge of and passion for technology, as evidenced by career history and/or personal projects
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven ability to foster communication and collaboration among extremely diverse individuals
• Proven ability to succeed in a flat, unstructured organizational context
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills [including mastery of excel]
• Experience with early- to mid-stage technology financing, obtained either as an entrepreneur who has successfully raised venture capital yourself, a technology-focused investment banker, or via a prior role in venture capital or related field
• Computer Science or Engineering background a strong plus [not required]
• Experience as the founder of a start-up company a strong plus [not required]
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with a note explaining your interest, and links to your relevant web presences that will give us a sense of who you are digitally [resume optional].